Request for New Board of Director Members
The Teacher Store is accepting applications to add two new members to our Board of Directors. Serving on the board is a rewarding experience and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. Completing this form will help you understand the skills and time/resource commitments of this leadership position. You may find it helpful to read through the entire application and Board Member Responsibilities before you begin filling it out. This position is open to current or retired K-12 public or private school teachers, counselors, nurses, or administrators.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
Board members will serve a three (3) year term. Board members are not be subject to term limitations.
Board Members will fulfill the general duties and responsibilities including:
- Create and uphold policies of the Teacher Store, including but not limited to the Code of
Conduct and Confidentiality agreements
- Review financials and participate in the development and approval of the annual budget
- Serve as community ambassadors
- Attendance and participation is at all scheduled board meetings (6 times per year)
- Attendance at Teacher Store Primary Events, typically 4-6, held August through May (school
NOTE: Directors shall not receive a salary for their service as directors. However, directors may receive
reimbursement for expenses incurred in connection with performance of their official duties upon
approval of the Board of Directors.